Our commitment to respecting and protecting
your personal information.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information.
The JSR Group will clarify the purpose of use and will acquire personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose, in 2 below, by legitimate and fair means.
2. Use of Personal Information and the legal basis for use.
The JSR Group will acquire personal information for the following purpose and will use the personal information, based on consent of the data subject or where the use is necessary for the performance of a contract.
(1) For acceptance of applications for goods or services and provision of these services
(2) For performance of a contract between JSR Group and customers
(3) For responding to various inquiries from customers
(4) For informing customers regarding the JSR Group’s goods or services
3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party.
Except as otherwise provided under the following cases, the JSR Group will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party.
(1) Upon obtaining prior consent of the data subject
(2) Only when it is necessary for the purpose of use, in Section 2 above, where the JSR Group will disclose or provide personal information to subcontractors which have entered into a non-disclosure agreement with the JSR Group
(3) Other cases where disclosure or provision is permitted under applicable laws and regulations
4. Control of Personal Information.
(1) The JSR Group will make efforts to treat personal information appropriately in the day-to-day business by means of forming the organization/framework for the appropriate control of personal information, keeping every officer/employee informed about this Policy and implementing this Policy.
(2) The JSR Group has appointed the VP & General Counsel as a personal information protection management officer who controls protection and management of personal information, and the JSR Group will continue to define the role as necessary.
(3) The JSR Group will take necessary and appropriate measures for security of personal information against illegal access and/or computer viruses in order to prevent personal information from any damage, loss, destruction, falsification and unauthorized disclosure.
(4) When the JSR Group entrust subcontractors to handle personal information, the JSR Group will strictly control and supervise each such subcontractor.
5. Storage period of personal information.
In the event that the storage period stipulated by applicable law has expired or if the use of personal information is no longer necessary for the achievement of the use objectives described in section 2 above, we will delete the personal information without delay.
6. No Sale; Requests for Disclosure, Correcting, Disuse and Erasure.
The JSR Group will not sell your personal information. When a data subject requests the JSR Group to disclose, correct, discontinue use or erase its personal information retained by the JSR Group, or lodges a complaint with the JSR Group, the JSR Group will appropriately respond to such requests and complaints in accordance with applicable laws/regulations and procedures set out by the JSR Group. Also, regarding the use of personal information, a data subject can lodge a complaint with the personal information protection management officer.
Also, a data subject can withdraw its consent to the use of personal information at any time.
7. Continuous Improvement for the Protection of Personal Information.
The JSR Group will observe all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines related to the protection of personal information, and will continually work to improve this Policy and the protection of personal information.
8. Use of Google Analytics.
If you have any requests, under Section 6 of this Policy or other inquiries concerning our handling of personal information and wish to contact the personal information protection management officer, please contact us at the following contact point:
1. Via Email:
2. Via Mail:
JSR North America Holdings, Inc.
1280 North Mathilda Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089