Blockmaster™ is a blocking agent composed of 100% chemically synthesized polymers, devoid of the problematic safety, quality and purity issues of biological blocking reagents.
The Blockmaster™ CE Series consists of a synthetic polymer, which can be chemically bound to the carrier or the container surface.
- Polyethylene glycol possessing oligo-amine group at one end
- Covalently coupled to carboxylated surface
- Animal protein-free, virus-free
- Low non-specific binding (NSB) of proteins
- Significantly enhances S/N ratio
Structure and Function
1) Signal Enhancement in a chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay (CLEIA)
A chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLEIA), using alpha fetoprotein (AFP) as the antigen, was performed by blocking anti-AFP-bound Magnosphere™ with Blockmaster™ CE510 or BSA. Significant improvement of the Signal/Noise ratio was observed with Blockmaster™ CE510.
2) Effect on colloidal stability
Blockmaster™ coated magnetic particles show improved dispersion stability compared to those coated with BSA when incubated with cell lysate.